Many moons ago (in September 2012, in fact), I had the honour of being nominated by a great blogger for the “One Lovely Blog Award.” Somehow, although I never forgot that I received this nomination, I have not gotten around to following through on these three relatively simple rules:
1) Give credit to the awesome person who nominated you.
2) Describe 7 things about you.
3) Nominate 15 bloggers.
I will now try to make good on this honour and pledge and will thank Rebecca Budd (a.k.a. Clanmother) who blogs or tweets awesome stuff in a variety of places: here, here, here, here, here and here. Take the time to look at each of these websites as they are well worth the time!
I would also like to dedicate the following photo of an Anna’s Hummingbird (taken on UBC’s Vancouver campus a few days ago) to her:
Here are seven things about me that I will now share with you:
1) I live near Vancouver in lovely British Columbia.
2) I am married to an extraordinary woman and have two fantastic children.
3) I love just about everything about photography.
4) I am a dedicated (obsessive?) birder who likes most birds, from tiny hummingbirds to majestic eagles.
5) I love B.C.’s rainforest, with their towering “Cathedral Trees,” intricate root systems and moss (!).
6) I love mountains.
7) I love the ocean.
I will, over the next couple of hours and days, directly nominate 15 blogs for this award. I would love to nominate more, but I will stick to this number in order to get the task done in a reasonable amount of time!